In recent years, our school has organised more and more curricular and extracurricular activities in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
There are Science Clubs for our younger and older students, STEM and hands-on science electives, Physics in Advent, Youth Research projects, etc.
Since school year 2020/21, the STEM team goes one step further and launched a new bilingual afterschool program: the Phorms Science Centre.
The program includes the following activities:
- Lego Mindstorms Club and Robotics Competition.
- Chemistry competition "Chemie - mach mit!
- Biology/ecology competition "BundesUmweltWettbewerb
- Mathematics competitions "Mathematics Olympiad" and "Kangaroo of Mathematics".
- Science club: science news and discoveries, civil science projects
- Youth research projects
- Preparation for science and mathematics Olympiads
- Training to participate in a real archaeological dig during the Easter holidays.
Activities take place on 1-2 afternoons per week. They give our students the opportunity to develop their hands-on skills and problem-solving abilities, prepare for various internships, find out more about science in general and various careers in STEM, participate in national and international science competitions, and maybe win prizes!
Phorms students can join the science center for free. External students are asked to pay a fee of 120€ per semester, which covers all materials (computers, robots, chemicals), registration and insurance fees.
If you have any questions or would like to enroll your child, just contact email@example.com